Monday, September 6, 2010

Tailgating Time

This weekend marked the beginning of college football season. On Saturday, the sun was out, the temperature was in the 70s, and football was on TV all day long. As a recent graduate of Notre Dame (four years out still counts as "recent", right?), I was super excited for our first game of the season. If I was going to be parked on the couch for about 4 hours, I needed adequate sustenance in the form of snacks and drinks.

Before the game started, I picked up a few items at the grocery store. Besides a veggie tray, guac and chips, I bought the ingredients for one of my family's recipes, lovingly called Cheeseball. If you are grossed out by processed cheese, you probably don't want to read further... but it really is delicious!

Ingredients:
- two 5 oz. jars of Old English
- one 8 oz. package of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- part of a white onion, diced (I like onion, so I used about half)
- chopped pecans (optional, as desired)
- crackers (I love Wheat Thins with my cheeseball!)

Mix Old English, cream cheese, parmesan cheese, onion, and pecans (optional). Garnish with onions and/or pecans. Yum!

Take a look at the ingredients and finished product below.  (We also enjoyed sweet-tea-vodka + Crystal Light lemonades!) Oh... and ND won - I was one happy girl!



8 comments:

  1. Wow! Our cheese ball recipe published online! Everytime I make it, I think of you and your love of cheese. Oh how I love college football and tailgating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet tea vodka and lemonade...my favorite drink of the summer! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails